Recipe by Tish
You can get creamed coconut in some Japanese sections of your grocery store. Try to get a kind with no additives. It comes in a solid block and is good in soups, curries, and desserts. I'm sure you could substitute milk for the water and creamed coconut if you really wanted to.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Very interesting flavor with the coconut added. I opted not to use the vanilla extract in this review. I also halved the recipe. This recipe was tagged in the Comfort Cafe's Jan. '09 tag game.
- 473.18 ml boiling water
- 29.58 ml cocoa powder (unsweetened of course)
- 59.16 ml unbleached cane sugar
- 35 g creamed coconut
- 0.25 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cocoa and sugar and mix to get rid of any lumps.
- Put in a pan with 1/2 cup of the boiling water.
- Whisk, and simmer gently for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Dissolve the creamed coconut in remaining water.
- Add coconut/water to pan and simmer for another minute.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla if using.