Prep 2 mins
Cook 7 mins
You can get creamed coconut in some Japanese sections of your grocery store. Try to get a kind with no additives. It comes in a solid block and is good in soups, curries, and desserts. I'm sure you could substitute milk for the water and creamed coconut if you really wanted to.
- 473.18 ml boiling water
- 29.58 ml cocoa powder (unsweetened of course)
- 59.16 ml unbleached cane sugar
- 35 g creamed coconut
- 0.25 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine cocoa and sugar and mix to get rid of any lumps.
- Put in a pan with 1/2 cup of the boiling water.
- Whisk, and simmer gently for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Dissolve the creamed coconut in remaining water.
- Add coconut/water to pan and simmer for another minute.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla if using.
Very interesting flavor with the coconut added. I opted not to use the vanilla extract in this review. I also halved the recipe. This recipe was tagged in the Comfort Cafe's Jan. '09 tag game.