1/1 Photo of Vegan Hot Chocolate
You can get creamed coconut in some Japanese sections of your grocery store. Try to get a kind with no additives. It comes in a solid block and is good in soups, curries, and desserts. I'm sure you could substitute milk for the water and creamed coconut if you really wanted to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cocoa and sugar and mix to get rid of any lumps.
- 2Put in a pan with 1/2 cup of the boiling water.
- 3Whisk, and simmer gently for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Dissolve the creamed coconut in remaining water.
- 5Add coconut/water to pan and simmer for another minute.
- 6Add cinnamon and vanilla if using.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.7
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g