- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium green apples, quartered, cored and thinly sliced (pippin, Granny Smith)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add onion and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir in the cabbage, cover and cook about 4 minutes or until cabbage is wilted.
- Add the apples, vinegar, sugar and dill.
- Stir well and continue to cook until apples are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Taste for salt and pepper.