Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
No Eggs. No butter. I have yet to try this if I can find a sub for the Olive oil. From Great Sauces and Dressings from The Carb-Conscious Vegetarian by Robin Robertson
- 3⁄4 cup soft tofu or 3⁄4 cup vegan sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, See note
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- In a food processor or blender, combine the tofu or sour cream, milk, lemon juice, oil, salt (if using), turmeric, paprika and cayenne.
- Blend until smooth.
- Note Use Salt if using Tofu.
- You do not have to use the salt for the sour cream. No I have no clue why.
I was looking for a sauce that didn't require raw eggs because I'm pregnant and found this one. It was ok but had little flavor. I ended up adding worchestershire sauce and that made it a bit better.
I made this sauce this morning and it was very tasty. I added a couple of tbsp. of vegan mayo to this and added some soy milk powder as I found it a little runny. However, I loved the hint of lemon that shines through this sauce. Thanks for the great post.