Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This stuffing is vegan and really delicious. The recipe will double or triple well to accomodate any number of guests.
- 5 cups stale bread cubes
- 1 -2 cup cooked rice (or other grain such as quinoa)
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 cups celery, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- salt (depending on salt content of broth or to taste depending on salt content broth)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine bread and cooked grains.
- Sauté onions in a little water for about 5 minutes, then add celery and cook until soft.
- Stir cooked vegetables and herbs into bread/rice mixture.
- Mix oil and vegetable broth, then pour over stuffing mixture.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook, covered, for about 25 minutes, then uncovered until top is slightly browned and crispy.
I thought this was yummy!!! I've been making it every year for Thanksgiving!