this recipe is easy, cheap and doesn't require special tools. it's perfect for the person who doesn't like their sweets TOO sweet. these cookies are on the mild side. i also like to make small batches of cookies, so this recipe is great for just a few friends.
- 118.29 ml hazelnuts
- 118.29 ml white flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 177.44 ml white sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 0.59 ml salt
- 59.14 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 59.14 ml vegan margarine or 59.14 ml margarine
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 59.14 ml soymilk, plus
- 14.79 ml soymilk
- 22.18 ml ground flax seeds
- 66.55 ml warm water
- mix ground flax seeds with water and let stand until it gets thick (approx 3 minutes)-- this is a vegan substitute for eggs and works better than any sub i've ever used.
- mix dry ingredients.
- mix wet ingredients.
- mix all ingredients together.
- drop by tablespoon onto greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- cook at approx 325-350 for 10-15 minutes (i bake in a toaster oven@ 300 for 10 min).
- cool on wire rack if you have one.
- enjoy animal friendly cookies!
- great with soy-coffee ice cream.
Your description is accurate. These are not overly sweet, and have a mild chocolate taste. They are a cakey kind of cookie, not chewy or fudgy. I did not have hazlenuts, so used almonds. And directions do not say how to prepare the nuts. I assumed they were to be chopped, so did so. I baked at 335F for 15 minutes, and they came out perfectly.