1/1 Photo of Vegan Hazelnut Cocoa Cookies
this recipe is easy, cheap and doesn't require special tools. it's perfect for the person who doesn't like their sweets TOO sweet. these cookies are on the mild side. i also like to make small batches of cookies, so this recipe is great for just a few friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup soymilk, plus
- 1 tablespoon soymilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 4 1/2 tablespoons warm water
- 1mix ground flax seeds with water and let stand until it gets thick (approx 3 minutes)-- this is a vegan substitute for eggs and works better than any sub i've ever used.
- 2mix dry ingredients.
- 3mix wet ingredients.
- 4mix all ingredients together.
- 5drop by tablespoon onto greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- 6cook at approx 325-350 for 10-15 minutes (i bake in a toaster oven@ 300 for 10 min).
- 7cool on wire rack if you have one.
- 8enjoy animal friendly cookies!
- 9great with soy-coffee ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Hazelnut Cocoa Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.2
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: