Recipe by rahrahmah
Thick and filling pancakes with an autumn flavor. Suitable for vegans or anyone!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups soymilk or 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 small apples, peeled and cored
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and apples. It's important to only mix the batter enough to moisten, as over mixing will make the pancakes tough. Leave 5-10 minutes to rise, then gently fold down.
- Leave again for 5-10 minutes, then gently fold down. This step isn't vital, and you can skip right to the frying from step 2 if you want, but I find that the pancakes really benefit from that extra lift time.
- Cook at medium to medium-high heat on an oiled pan till golden.
- EAT THEM!