1/1 Photo of Vegan Hacienda Hash
I have used this for many different thing, such as a side dish, or as part of a filling for sandwiches or wraps, or mixed with grains for a hearty entree, or as a chunky dip for tortilla chips or crackers. It just works with everything and kids love it which surprised me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled,and diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions or 1 1/2 cups red onions, diced
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 cup cut corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup red pepper, destemmed,deseeded,and diced
- 1 cup green pepper, destemmed,deseeded,and diced
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper, destemmed,deseeded,and diced
- 3/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1In a large non-stick skillet, saute the sweet potato in the safflower oil for 5 minutes.
- 2Add the onion and saute an additional 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 3Add the zucchini, corn, all of the peppers, and continue to saute the mixture for 5 additional minutes, stirring often.
- 4Add the green onions and garlic, and saute an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- 5Add the remaining ingredients and cook an additional 2 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Hacienda Hash
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.2
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 688.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g