Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is inspired by many recipes I've seen for this delicious Greek side dish. It takes a while to make, but it well worth all the effort.
- 3 lbs small red potatoes, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Drop the sliced potatoes into a pot of boiling, salted water and cook for 6 minutes. Drain, and plunge into a bowl of ice water until cool to the touch. Drain and pat dry.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet, pour on the canola oil, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes begin to brown. Be sure to toss them around every 5-10 minutes to prevent them from sticking to the pan.
- When the potatoes are done, place them in a bowl and pour on the oil, lemon juice, oregano and garlic. Toss well to coat and serve warm.
Tendollarwine, you should have heard the compliments flying around the table last night over these potatoes! Everyone commented on them SEVERAL times and I can't wait to make them again. 7 out of 7 of us gave them a 5 star!!! (: I did not peel mine as I like the skin on but the flavor...WOW!!! Thanks so much for posting this. PAC 2007