Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This salad's fresh ingredients and robust flavors make it truly memorable. It's great on a hot summer afternoon or anytime you crave the wonderful flavors of greece. The marinated tofu takes the place of feta cheese, and the quinoa makes this dish very healthwise. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1 1⁄2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup scallion
- 2⁄3 cup red onion
- 1 cup tofu
- 2⁄3 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil and add quinoa. Cover and reduce heat to medium/high. Let simmer about 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Once quinoa is done, put in a bowl and refrigerate until completely cool.
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare fresh ingredients. Chop tofu into ½ inch cubes, and then gently crumble slightly into bowl. To tofu add 1/3 cup vinegar, half to juiced lemon, half of lemon zest, and 1 clove of grated garlic. Let marinate
- Chop basil, parsley, cilantro, scallions and red onion. Coarsely chop spinach and add veggies into large bowl.
- Cut Kalamata olives into quarter rings, add to bowl.
- In a bowl, whisk together reserved vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, grated garlic, and tahini, set aside.
- Add marinated tofu with marinade into bowl with veggies.
- When quinoa is cooled, add to veggie mixture, pour in dressing, and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in pine nuts.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate a few hours for best results.
Fresh and tasty. I didn't have parsley or cilantro but it still turned out great.