Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe I found on allrecipes.com that I wanted to bring over here to share. VERY easy, VERY fast, and REALLY flavorful!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce or 4 tablespoons tamari
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, nutritional yeast, and soy sauce to form a smooth paste. Gradually whisk in the broth. Season with sage, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, for 8-10 minutes, or until thickened.
This gravy was excellent! Very easy and it pleased my table full of omnitarians.
i made this gravy for my meat-eating family for thanksgiving and they loved it! i used a sweet onion and it gave it a great flavor, i didnt use the yeast in it but it thickened up just fine with corn-starch, this is a recipe i plan on making for any occasion i can make it :-D
Excellent! The best gravy EVER!