Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe I found on allrecipes.com that I wanted to bring over here to share. VERY easy, VERY fast, and REALLY flavorful!
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 78.07 ml chopped onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 19.71 ml nutritional yeast
- 59.16 ml soy sauce or 59.16 ml tamari
- 473.18 ml vegetable broth
- 2.46 ml dried sage
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, nutritional yeast, and soy sauce to form a smooth paste. Gradually whisk in the broth. Season with sage, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, for 8-10 minutes, or until thickened.
This gravy was excellent! Very easy and it pleased my table full of omnitarians.
i made this gravy for my meat-eating family for thanksgiving and they loved it! i used a sweet onion and it gave it a great flavor, i didnt use the yeast in it but it thickened up just fine with corn-starch, this is a recipe i plan on making for any occasion i can make it :-D
Excellent! The best gravy EVER!