Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Goulash w/ beans instead of meat.
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15 ounces navy beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large pot, saute the onion, carrot, and zucchini in the olive oil for 5-7 minute Add tomato paste, chili pepper, parsley, and nutmeg. Saute for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or over pasta, grains, or mashed potatoes.
Really tasty and healthy dish! Possibly the best thing about it is its simplicity- all you have to do, basically, is toss it all in the pot. I softened the vegetables in water and used about 1/4 tsp. dried chiles instead of fresh. Oh, and also added some vegan 'ground round' to disguise it for a bunch of carnivores. It was great over macaroni, even though I couldn't find the whole wheat stuff - that will be for next time. Thanks for posting!