Recipe by MassMaiden
I tried this recipe from Susan O'Brien's "The Gluten Free Vegan" The banana flavor overpowered the chocolate and they were spongy not chewy. So I am still working on adjusting this recipe. I posted it to see the nutritional information and am open to suggestions for improvement.
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 banana, peeled and mashed
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 Spray an 8 inch square pan with vegetable oil non stick spray.
- In large mixing bowl oil and agave nectar, add the applesauce, mashed banana. Whisk 2 TBSP warm water with 1 1/2 tsp Ener-G and add to mix.Add cocoa powder and mix to blend.
- In separate bowl sift together flours, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt. Add to wet ingredients, blend well. Do not over beat.
- Mix in by hand vegan chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spread evenly in greased pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.