Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This looks like it might be a lot of work, but after looking at the picture of it in my cookbook I just have to try it. I've loved gluten burgers people have cooked for me, but I've never tried cooking one myself. From "The Best of Silver Hills Delicious Vegetarian Cuisine" cookbook.
- 1 cup gluten flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast, flakes
- 1⁄4 cup soy flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon vegan chicken seasoning (I use Mckay's vegan chicken seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 2 garlic cloves, diced fine
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegan chicken seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- garlic, to taste
- Gluten Burgers:.
- Combine dry ingredients and thoroughly mix.
- In a large bowl, mix onion, garlic, hot water, olive oil and soy sauce.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid. Mix well and let stand 3 to 5 minutes.
- Form into burger-sized patties. Place in a lightly oiled or non-stick pan and fry both sides until brown. Place burgers in a shallow casserole or baking pan. Set aside and prepare the following broth recipe.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix.
- Pour over gluten burger patties.
- Cover casserole or baking pan with lid or tin foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Serve hot with potatoes and your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!