Top Review by Inklady
I only used 1/2 cup gingerroot, but steeped for 2 hours the first time, and it was still very strong tasting. (I like a milder drink.) But then I added crushed ice and more orange juice by the glass, and it was a very tasty and healthy drink. A good mix to have on hand. Thank you Dancer!
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 cup gingerroot, fresh,peeled & grated
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cloves, whole
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice, fresh or 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 8 cups cool water
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the boiling water over the grated ginger root, sugar, cloves and cinnamon in a large nonreactive pot or bowl (enamel, glass or stainless steel).
- Cover and set aside in a warm place, in the sun if possible, for at least an hour.
- Strain the liquid through a fine sieve or cloth.
- Add the juices and water.
- Set aside in a warm place for another hour or so.
- Gently strain the liquid again, taking care not to disturb the sediment at the bottom.
- Store in the refrigerator in a large nonreactive container.
- A glass gallon jar or jug works well.
- Serve warm, chilled or on ice, either as is or diluted with water or sparkling water.