Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Eileen and Debbie Brewer's The Best of Silver Hills, Delicious Vegetarian Cuisine cookbook. Cooking time doesn't include time to refrigerate. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds, ground and dry (can use tahini, but then use less water)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup water (for cornmeal mush, see directions)
- Make cornmeal mush by placing 1/4 cup cornmeal and 3/4 cup water in a microwaveable dish and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir and microwave another 2 minutes.
- Place all ingredients (including cornmeal mush) into blender and blend about 2 minutes or until very smooth.
- Pour into small serving jars and refrigerate.