Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here is another one that I got from that Vegan cookbook.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large green pepper
- 7 -9 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 12 -15 Greek olives or 12 -15 green olives, chopped
- 4 -5 canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 large onion, cut in rings (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup minced garlic
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- cooking spray, for pans
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2 frozen pizza dough (check ingredients, some have milk) or 2 deli pizza dough (check ingredients, some have milk)
- Spray 2 oven pans w/spray oil.
- Slice Eggplant, lay out in baking pan,drizzle w/oil,salt to taste.
- Cut peppers in quarters place in other pan do same with onion.
- Broil in oven approximately 7-10 minute or until soft/brownish.
- Keep your eye on them.
- While veggies are roasting roll out pizza dough, place on pan/stone, follow directions on package.
- Spread remaining oil evenly on both pizzas, take dried basil and spread/shake onto oil.
- Adjust amount of both to suit yourself.
- Distribute remaining ingredients evenly on pizzas.
- Check the oven!
- Roasted veggies are probably done by now.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove roasted veggies from broiler and adjust oven to 450.
- Let all cool a bit.
- When cool chop all remaining veggies to manageable bite size and distribute evenly over the pizzas.
- Place in oven (best one at a time) for around 10 minutes.
- Note, watch the middle of pizza for bubbling-- since there's no cheese and the veggies are already roasted it might be hard to tell if middle is done.
- Remove from oven and enjoy.