Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very easy and high-protein salad that is great as a side dish or even as an entree. Sauteing the garbanzo beans in a wok brings out their nutty flavor, almonds add crunch, parsley and artichokes round out the dish. This salad can be served hot, warm or cold. Makes one meal or four side salads.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (15 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in wok.
- Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add garbanzo beans and saute on medium-high for 10 minutes and stir occasionally to prevent burning or until the garbanzo beans are golden brown all over. Then put them in a large bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to wok then add the artichoke hearts until browned when finished add them to the garbanzo beans.
- Toast almonds in wok then add them to garbanzo bean and artichoke hearts.
- Add red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and chopped parsley to bowl and mix ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.