Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Delish frozen chocolate yumminess. From vegcooking.com. I decided it was not quite sweet enough so added a bit of agave nectar as well. Just test it before you put it into the popsicle molds and adjust for sweetness as needed. The original recipe says it makes 8, but in my regular size popsicle molds it made 4. Cooking time listed below is freezing time.
- 12 ounces silken tofu, rinsed and patted dry (I use low fat)
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup or 1⁄2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 4 strawberries, washed, stemmed, dried, and sliced into quarters
- Put all the ingredients, except the strawberries, in a blender and blend well, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- Drop the strawberry slices into each mold.
- Insert clean popsicle sticks for handles.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours.