Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A delicious vegan fudge that you can't tell the difference. Feel free to add nuts, marshmallows, raisins, cranberries and other dried fruit, and anything else you might like at the end, before you put it in the pans. Cooking time is chill time.
- 118.29 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 946.36 ml icing sugar
- 118.29 ml almond milk (I use unsweetened Almond Breeze, or other non-dairy choice)
- 29.58 ml dairy-free margarine (I use Earth Balance)
- 4.92 ml hazelnut extract (choose whatever taste you'd like) or 4.92 ml vanilla extract (choose whatever taste you'd like) or 4.92 ml mint extract (choose whatever taste you'd like)
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
- In a large bowl, sift together icing sugar and cocoa powder. Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the almond milk and non-dairy margarine to a boil, over medium-high heat, careful not to burn. Using a whisk, stir constantly.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and stir in icing sugar mixture, until combined well and chocolate is melted.
- Stir in extract.
- Spread into a 8x8 silicone pan and refridge until solid. If you don't have a silicone pan, you'll want to lightly grease your pan.
- Cut into small pieces (or large pieces if you prefer!). I cut it in about a 9x9 squares, so they are bite sized pieces.
- Notes: I froze this after it was solid and we snacked on some to save for Christmas trays and it was perfect, but once left out for a bit it got a little soft. It still tasted like 'real' fudge though!
One of my co-workers practically swooned when she tasted this as she has sorely missed fudge since going gluten/dairy free. It was also a big hit with those without dietary restrictions! I used a Ghirardelli 70% cacao bar for the chocolate as it does not have dairy either and was easier to find than the dairy-free chocolate chips. Thank you Laurie150 for such a great recipe. I like the way you spell your name too! :) Laurie
Love this fudge!! I used vanilla almond milk, so I didn't add any vanilla extract. Worked great!!! So good (and easy) I made a second batch. I highly recommend.
I call this the magic fudge recipe - it is the coolest thing to watch the bowl of sugar/choclate turn into fudge before your eyes. The taste is amazing - only thing is the first time I doubled the chocolate chips by mistake, and it was perfect, this time I followed recipe to a T and it is a bit soft - I suggest 1 cup of Enjoy Life Chocolate chips for a seriously fabulous fudge that is better than any I have made using non vegan ingredients - soft rich and delishious, my kids and I are HOOKED!! Thanks for this recipe <3