Prep 8 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The perfect blend of ingredients to make a wonderful fudge!
- 73.94 ml vegan butter
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar
- 59.14 ml carob powder
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml soymilk
- Lightly grease a small pan depending on how thick you want the fudge.
- In a medium saucepan and on low heat, melt vegan butter, soy milk, and vanilla until it's almost completely melted.
- Add powdered sugar and carob powder.
- Stir until nice and smooth.
- Quickly pour mixture into your pan (add nuts on top if desired) and chill for about 2 hours. (The longer it chills, the more fudge-like it is).
- Endulge into your special vegan fudge!
The fact that it did't work with cocoa is that carob has thickening agents that cocoa don't have.
This didn't turn out like fudge at all. I had to let it chill for about eight hours before it even starting even remotely having a fudge-like quality. I used cocoa powder instead of carob powder, but it didn't melt very well. In the end, this ended up turning out more like a lumpy cake batter.