Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very moist and tasty. Can substitute any other juicy fruit (peaches, other berries etc)
Make and share this Vegan Fruit and Yogurt Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Mix in a large bowl, the flax seed and warm water.
- Let the flax seed set. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
- Return to the bowl with the flaxseed in it. Combine yogurt, vanilla, margarine and blueberries with the flaxseed. Stir the two mixtures together just until combined; batter will be very thick. Scoop into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Moist & oh, so tasty! I used regular vanilla yogurt, and 2 Tbsp. wheat germ (sorry I didn't make it vegan). It turned out perfect! I had frozen strawberries, so I thawed them & cut them into bite-size pieces. My kids & I love them! Next time I will try a different fruit & maybe make it vegan ;) <br/>Made for Spring PAC 2013.