Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very moist and tasty. Can substitute any other juicy fruit (peaches, other berries etc)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored soy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons water, very warm
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons vegan margarine, melted
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Mix in a large bowl, the flax seed and warm water.
- Let the flax seed set. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
- Return to the bowl with the flaxseed in it. Combine yogurt, vanilla, margarine and blueberries with the flaxseed. Stir the two mixtures together just until combined; batter will be very thick. Scoop into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Moist & oh, so tasty! I used regular vanilla yogurt, and 2 Tbsp. wheat germ (sorry I didn't make it vegan). It turned out perfect! I had frozen strawberries, so I thawed them & cut them into bite-size pieces. My kids & I love them! Next time I will try a different fruit & maybe make it vegan ;) <br/>Made for Spring PAC 2013.