Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
The lime peel gives this dish a wonderful aroma! Use gluten-free soy sauce and this recipe is appropriate for the 21 day Quantum Wellness Cleanse.
Top Review by anomy
This recipe was very good, but strangely unfilling even though I added an egg while stir-frying the rice; also added some tofu while cooking the veggies.Maybe we were just extra hungry after light/no lunch. The presentation is very nice, and effective at keeping the food warm for seconds.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 4 cups cooked rice, cold
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chili, as hot as you like, minced
- 4 cups bok choy, shredded
- 2 cups mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a large ovenproof platter in the oven set at about 150 - to keep it warm.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a wok or large fry pan. Add the scallions and paprika. Stir fry for 1 minute. Stir in the soy sauce, chili sauce and agave syrup. Add the rice and stir fry until the rice is completely coated with the scallion mixture: 3-5 minutes.
- Spoon the rice into the center of the warmed platter leaving about a 2 inch border all the way around. Return it to the oven.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in the wok. Add the ginger, miso, garlic and chill. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add the bok choy, mushrooms, lime peel and cumin. Stir fry for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Spoon the bok choy mixture around the rice on the platter. Sprinkle the cilantro over all.