Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Made this up when my grandmother was vegetarian for the day (beats me), and its good.
- 5 cups leftover cooked rice
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups loosely packed bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 8 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 cup sliced button mushroom
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Sautee onions and garlic till limp.
- Add in mushrooms and frozen vegetables.
- Cook till vegetables are no longer cold and have warmed through.
- Add in turmeric and mix well.
- Toss in rice and break up any clumps.
- Add light soy sauce in and toss till well incorporated.
I enjoyed this recipe, well done! Nice and easy too. I added Tofu to mine...will post a pic.
This is a great use for leftover rice and is well seasoned. It turned out great, even when it turned out all I had on hand were alfalfa sprouts...lol.