Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- Wash the cabbage and shred finely.
- Heat the oil and fry the cabbage for 3 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Add the salt, mixing well.
- Wash the celery and cut into thin slices, add to the cabbage with 2 tbsps.
- water; cook over a fierce heat, stirring all the time, for 2 minutes.
We liked this. For cabbage, celery, salt and water, this was pretty good. Know this was meant to be vegan, but we had it with salmon cakes as a side dish. DH really likes cabbage. I also cooked the cabbage a little longer than the 3 minutes. (Update) We make this several times a month. Have started adding a small amount of sesame or hot sesame oil to the wok. The smokiness rounds out the flavor. We also mince the celery.
I loved this healthy easy to prepare dish. I added a little pepper and cooked the cabbage a little longer. It was a hit with my family.I suggest serving with cornbread.