Recipe by Katzen
From Rebar Cookbook, this is a vegan french toast recipe for decadent french toast without eggs, cream, or butter. Posted by request.
Top Review by Kozmic Blues
Deliciously decadent! And you BARELY need any syrup because the banana and coconut milk give a nice sweetness already. Next time I have to remember to let my bread sit out overnight to get a little stale, mine might have been a little too fresh, so the centers were soft. French toast was one of the first breakfast foods I learned to make as a little girl, but I always hated sticking my fingers in the raw egg, sothis recipe was perfect!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup rice milk or 1 cup soymilk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons arrowroot or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf multigrain bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients (except bread!) into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a large, shallow bowl, and set aside.
- Slice bread into 8 thick slices. Heat a griddle or pan and brush with oil. Submerge bread slices into the batter, lift out with a pair of tongs, and place onto hot pan. Cook until golden brown, flip and cook on the reverse side. Serve immediately with your favourite toppings.