Recipe by VegBear
This is so delicious that most people I have made it for prefer this to the egg variety.
Top Review by Outta Here
This was a real treat. We don't eat French Toast often, except when we are out in the RV, we always have at least one big breakfast, and this was perfect for cooking on my griddle! I used Simply Jif low-sugar pb and it worked great. I also used some cinnamon swirl bread from a little bakery in the town we were in, sliced thick. I didn't mind the lumps of pb but I think if you wanted to put all the ingredients (except bread) in the blender first, it would solve that problem. Great served with some local Black Locust honey I bought in town! Made for Spring 2008 PAC Orphanage.
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 slices bread
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil (for cooking)
Directions See How It's Made
- combine soymilk, cinnamon, vanilla, peanut butter and flour in a medium sized bowl, whisking till smooth.
- heat oil in a pan (low-medium).
- dredge bread in mixture and cook till brown on each side (about 2 minutes for the first side, 1 for the second).
- serve with maple syrup and enjoy.