Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is focaccia as we adore it!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups white flour
- 10 g fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 fresh tomatoes (topping)
- 2 garlic cloves (topping)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil (topping)
- If using a bread machine: Place all the ingredients in your machine, in the above order. Select the "dough" program (your program should include at least 30 minutes rising). Once the program is over, take the dough out of the machine and gently knead it for a few minutes, using extra flour if necessary.
- If you are not using a bread machine: In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water for 5 minutes. Add half the flour and the salt. Mix well, cover and let rise for 1 hour in a warm spot. Add the remaining ingredients and knead the dough for 10 minutes. You can add some flour if necessary, but only a little otherwise the dough will be too dry. Place the dough in a bowl, cover and let rise at room temperature until doubled.
- Preheat the oven at 400°. Roll the dough into an oval or rectangular shape and place it on a greased baking tray. Leave to rise again in a warm place for 30 minutes to 1 hour max.
- Make dents in the dough with your fingertips and brush it with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Spread 2 chopped fresh tomatoes and as much garlic as you like. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper and dried herbs. Alternatively, you can simply spread the dough with olive oil and sprinkle it with salt, black pepper and dried rosemary.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Great recipe. I'm making it without the bread maker. I put sauteed garlic and onion in the dough, along with some rosemary and oregano. It turned out great! I omitted the tomatoes, though.