I found this recipe on fatfreevegan.com. The original recipe called for chickpeas but I changed it to lentils because I love lentils and corn. My family ate this up when we had it! I served it with Vegan Mashed Cauliflower (Instead of Mashed Potatoes) (instead of mashed potatoes), green beans and vegan gravy. Also, I didn't use a food processor to blend this, I left it chunky.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears) or 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds (optional)
- cooking spray
- 1Cook lentils in water or veggie broth until tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon water in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn, onion, and thyme; sauté 2 minutes.
- 3Place onion mixture, lentils, breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons cornmeal, salt, flaxseed, water and red pepper in a food processor. Pulse 2 times or until combined and chunky - or mash by hand.
- 4Divide lentil mixture into 4-6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- 5Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- 6Add patties; cook 5 minutes. Carefully turn patties over; cook 5 minutes or until golden. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Fat Free Lentil & Corn Patties
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.8
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 401.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 8.8 g