Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I decided I wanted to cut out some carbs but keep the taste of Falafel, so instead of stuffing it in a pita, I made it into a huge salad! And it was hit! I got the recipe for the dressing from the PPK, only change was that I added dill casue it's awesome.
- 1 (6 ounce) package falafel mix, prepared (Near East is my favorite)
- 1 lb mixed greens
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
For the Tahini dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup tahini paste
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of one lemon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- For the dressing, heat the 2 tsp of oil in a small saucepan over medium heat and add the garlic. Lightly cook until fragrant, then remove from heat.
- Put everything but the water into the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add the water until you reach your desired thickness/thinness. Scrape into an airtight container and let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Prepare the falafel mix and roll into balls or little patties. Cook in canola or vegetable oil until browned all over. Remove from the pan and drain on a thick paper towel to get rid of excess oil.
- Arrange the greens on a plate and top with falafel patties, tomatoes, and drizzle on the tahini dressing.
Thought this was such a great idea! Instead of the tahini sauce I mixed up some tzatziki for the dressing. Will be using this again, I can think of about thirty different ways that I'd like to make this salad. Thanks for the great post!
thought it was great the sauce was a bit think and i'm not sure why otherwise the combination was great