Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
modified from ppk
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon stevia
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, more if you want
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk, mixed with
- 3 -4 drops lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, beaten with
- 2 tablespoons water (or other egg replacer of your choice worth 1 egg)
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- preheat oven to 375°F.
- in a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, stevia, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- in a separate bowl, mix the soymilk/lemon, applesauce, banana, and cornstarch mixture.
- put the apple, carrot, raisins, and walnuts in the dry ingredients, mix to make sure it’s all evenly distributed.
- put wet ingredients in dry ingredients, mix just until it’s moistened. If it’s too dry, put in a few tablespoons of water.
- line muffin cups with cupcake papers, then spray with pam or some such thing, or brush with a little oil then distribute the mixture evenly in 12 regular size muffin cups/6 jumbo/24 mini, whichever you might fancy. THEN stick em in the oven.
- Bake 20 minutes or until they look done.
- They’re done when you stick a toothpick in the middle one and it comes out clean… or when they look done to you.