This is adapted from a Lundberg Rice recipe. No sugar or HFCS here - this uses brown rice syrup instead. You can substitute any dried fruit in for the apricots such as cranberries, raisins, or dates and any nuts for the walnuts such as peanuts, almonds, or pecans. Lots of room for variation!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1/2 cup carob chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup turbinado sugar or 1 cup organic light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (Lundberg Sweet Dreams)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup almond butter or 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1Mix the flax and water together and let it soak.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- 4Stir in apricots, carob chips, and walnuts.
- 5Wisk together sugar, rice syrup, almond butter, applesauce, and soaked flax.
- 6Stir in oat mixture.
- 7Spread mixture in 9x13 pre-sprayed pan and pat down firmly.
- 8Bake 30-35 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Energy Bars
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.4
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 186.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown rice syrup