Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this, but I know we have vegans here at Zaar and thought this holiday recipe would be appreciated. Hope it's good!
- 2 (595.33 g) package soft silken tofu
- 453.59 g vanilla-flavored soymilk or 453.59 g rice milk
- 19.71 ml vanilla extract
- 59.14 ml white sugar
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml ground turmeric
- 118.29-236.59 ml rum (optional) or 118.29-236.59 ml brandy (optional)
- nutmeg (to garnish)
- In blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except nutmeg; blend thoroughly, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Serve well-chilled and dusted with nutmeg.
I have made this in the past, it is wonderful! I usually use all turbinado sugar and I leave out the tumeric. Try it! Shannon :)
I have not actually tried this recipe as we do not like sugar. Use stevia or agave as a substitute. Add 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 tsp. ginger when combining in the food processor. Also, Silk now makes a fabulous Nog that we can't seem to keep in the house.
This is an odd one for me to rate. I enjoyed the texture very much, but there was not a lot of taste. That said, I enjoyed it. But it did not taste like eggnog to me at all. I did leave out the tumeric (because I did not have any) and half the recipe. I like that it gets more soy into my diet, but it will not be a replacement for eggnog in my house. Thanks for a good one to try, though!