Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Rustled this up one day when i was tired and DH was starving. Couldnt belive how quick and tasty it was. He now likes it weekly. Vary the chilli according to your taste.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, lightly roasted
- 1 teaspoon chili, fresh and minced (add more if u like the heat)
- 1 teaspoon yellow asafoetida powder (optional, i use it instead of onion or garlic) (optional)
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 410 g red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 410 g whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 410 g tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- salt, pepper, thyme to taste
- fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Heat oil. Saute asafoetida, cumin and chilli for a few seconds.
- Add peppers. Cook for a minute.
- Add corn and tomatoes, cook for 5 minutes, or until tomatoes have collapsed.
- Add beans and rest of ingredients. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Mash soup slightly with potato masher. You can leave it chunky or puree it.
- Serve in individual bowls, topped with a teaspoon of grated soy cheese and a small hanful of crushed nachos. Yum!