This recipe was found in "Clean Food". I must recommend this cookbook for anyone who is vegan and likes to eat clean; it's absolutely fabulous! This cookie recipe can be modified in so many ways. It uses mashed bananas as the binder, so if you don't like bananas, next... That said, I think it would be a lovely way to make a "banana bread cookie" and I hope to try that next! The cookies turn out soft and cake-like, so yum. Feel free to play with this (or any recipe) to cater to your taste or needs! I cannot use a lot of sugar, so I try to substitute with Stevia or Agave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In bowl, combine mashed bananas, oil, liquid sugar and vanilla, or stevia vanilla. In separate bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda and coconut (if using). Stir the wet mixture into the dry until just combined. Add your choice of "fun yum" for final stir, i.e., coco chips, raisins, dried fruit, or anything your taste desire with banana!
- 3Drop onto prepared cookie sheet. They will not change from the dropped shape, so it is up to you if you wish to have round, drop cookies; or thinner, oblong cookies. Bake for about 18 minutes, until golden. Place 'em on a rack and then test the moment they are cool enough!
- 4Yields about 16 cookies, but depends on drop size!
- 5****** substitutions******.
- 6maple syrup = 2tbsp agave and 2 tbsp maple.
- 7oil = 2 tbsp canola /1 tbsp almond butter / 1 tbsp coconut butter.
- 8vanilla= 8 drops NuNaturals vanilla stevia.
- 9cacao chips= raisins or your choice of chocolate chips or dried fruit.
- 10coconut= sliced almonds (adds bulk).
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Drop Cookie
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.1
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g