Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was found in "Clean Food". I must recommend this cookbook for anyone who is vegan and likes to eat clean; it's absolutely fabulous! This cookie recipe can be modified in so many ways. It uses mashed bananas as the binder, so if you don't like bananas, next... That said, I think it would be a lovely way to make a "banana bread cookie" and I hope to try that next! The cookies turn out soft and cake-like, so yum. Feel free to play with this (or any recipe) to cater to your taste or needs! I cannot use a lot of sugar, so I try to substitute with Stevia or Agave.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl, combine mashed bananas, oil, liquid sugar and vanilla, or stevia vanilla. In separate bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda and coconut (if using). Stir the wet mixture into the dry until just combined. Add your choice of "fun yum" for final stir, i.e., coco chips, raisins, dried fruit, or anything your taste desire with banana!
- Drop onto prepared cookie sheet. They will not change from the dropped shape, so it is up to you if you wish to have round, drop cookies; or thinner, oblong cookies. Bake for about 18 minutes, until golden. Place 'em on a rack and then test the moment they are cool enough!
- Yields about 16 cookies, but depends on drop size!
- ****** substitutions******.
- maple syrup = 2tbsp agave and 2 tbsp maple.
- oil = 2 tbsp canola /1 tbsp almond butter / 1 tbsp coconut butter.
- vanilla= 8 drops NuNaturals vanilla stevia.
- cacao chips= raisins or your choice of chocolate chips or dried fruit.
- coconut= sliced almonds (adds bulk).