Prep 8 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are great doughnuts dipped in a sugar glaze or rolled in cinnamon and sugar.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup vegan sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons oil
- preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- mix flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- add egg replacer + water (mixed together before adding), rice milk, oil, and vanilla, mix vigorously until well blended.
- pour batter into a doughnut pan (i'm sure the mixture can somehow be rolled out if you don't have a doughnut pan -- i'm sure a muffin pan might do too).
- put in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until done.
- dip into a mixed sugar glaze (powdered sugar and water) or roll in a bag filled with cinnamon and sugar.
- eat away!
These were great. I reduced the rice milk by about 1/4c to make it a soft dough and cut them out and deep fryed them. I used the middle cutouts to check the oil was at the right temp to cook all the way through without burning. After draining I shook them in a bag of sugar cinnamon mixture.
I made these today, and tasted them both plain and with cinnamon sugar. They taste great either way. Very light and fluffy. If you love vegan doughnuts, definitely give this recipe a shot.
Just....gross. They tasted like biscuits. They were very very dry, no flavor to them, and were all wasted and thrown out because of how much my family and I did not like them. I'm vegan and pretty easy to please, as far as vegan food goes. However, these are just awful. Don't waste your ingredients. Note how the other people that liked these did things like deep fry them and change the ingredients...lol.