1/1 Photo of Vegan Double Chocolate Kahlua Cookies
I love to bake with liqueurs and came up with this easy to make, versatile vegan cookie. These are chocolaty and delicious. I use soy creamer (SILK) hazelnut but any flavor of soy milk or creamer will do. You can switch up the flavor profile, for example, maybe use Hazelnut Liqueur with hazelnuts, Amaretto with almonds, etc... Please let me know what interesting combos you all come up with. Will be doing the same :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons flax seeds (ground)
- 1/4 cup soymilk (I use SILK Creamer, vanilla or hazelnut)
- 1/4 cup Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a large bowl, mix sugar and oil. Add flaxseeds, soy (creamer or milk), vanilla, almond extract, and mix well.
- 3In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- 4Fold the dry ingredients into the wet a ¼ cup at a time until dough forms. Add chocolate and walnuts (optional), best to use your hands for even distribution.
- 5Roll dough into 1-inch balls and flatten into disks. Place the disks 1-inch apart on a lined cookie sheet.
- 6Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring them to a wire rack or countertop to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Double Chocolate Kahlua Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.9
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 69.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
semisweet vegan chocolate chips