Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love to bake with liqueurs and came up with this easy to make, versatile vegan cookie. These are chocolaty and delicious. I use soy creamer (SILK) hazelnut but any flavor of soy milk or creamer will do. You can switch up the flavor profile, for example, maybe use Hazelnut Liqueur with hazelnuts, Amaretto with almonds, etc... Please let me know what interesting combos you all come up with. Will be doing the same :)
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons flax seeds (ground)
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk (I use SILK Creamer, vanilla or hazelnut)
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and oil. Add flaxseeds, soy (creamer or milk), vanilla, almond extract, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet a ¼ cup at a time until dough forms. Add chocolate and walnuts (optional), best to use your hands for even distribution.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and flatten into disks. Place the disks 1-inch apart on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring them to a wire rack or countertop to cool completely.