Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
These look good enough to eat! From Terre a Terre, a lovely Vegan cookbook. They recommend you serve these with a hot Harissa sauce, will post this next.
- 150 g chickpeas
- 250 g basmati rice
- 100 g cashew nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons soya yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grams flour
- 250 ml sunflower oil
- Cook the chickpeas and basmati rice according to packet instructions.
- put all but the last 2 ingredients in a food processor and pulse quite roughly until combined but not a smooth mix.
- with a dessertspoon, scoop out the mixture and mould into your preferred shape. Roll fritters in the gram flour and lay them on a lined baking sheet. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate until needed (let rest for at least 30 mins).
- When ready to cook, heat the oil in a fry pan and cook for 2 mins each side until golden. Drain on paper towels and serve.