1/1 Photo of Vegan Death by Chocolate Mousse Cakes
2 hrs 30 mins
As vegans, we sometimes miss out on the "Death By Chocolate" desserts. Not any more! The Vegan Death By Chocolate Mousse cakes are very yum! And there will be some leftover mousse for a midnight treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 340 g firm silken tofu
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Crust: Pre-Heat Oven to 350f (180c) and Oil a Large Muffin tin.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugar and cocoa powder.
- 3In a small bowl mix oil,maple syrup, soy milk, vanilla and salt.
- 4Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- 5In the Large muffin tin, spread some batter into the one muffin thingy and make a small crust. continue until all batter is used up.
- 6Bake for 10-18 minutes, than let cool.
- 7Mousse: Melt chocolate chips in microwave,
- 8In a blender, blend tofu, melted chocolate chips, soy milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- 9Put mousse in the crusts, than let chill for 2 or more hours.
- 10Chocolate Sauce: Mix all Ingredients together in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, than take off heat and let cool down.
- 11Pour over Mousse Cakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Death by Chocolate Mousse Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.3
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 324.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 53.4 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
semisweet vegan chocolate chips