Recipe by Princapessa
Having fruit absent from my diet for the last 17 years and recently becoming vegan I found this recipe to ease myself into the world of fruit. My gosh i have to refrain from eating them all. Please note you can use any dried fruit pieces or nuts and they are both totally optional just makes them a little sweeter. Great with tea or hot chocolate
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (melted) or 4 tablespoons safflower oil
- 250 g whole wheat flour
- 8 tablespoons sucanat
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 300 ml soya milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150 g dates (chopped)
- 60 g almonds (pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat an oven to 190C and spread almonds out on a baking tray.
- Once oven is heated bake the almonds for about 5-7 minutes If you plan to use this recipe again, to save time roast all the almonds you have and keep the spare in an airtight container.
- While the almonds are roasting, either grease a muffin tray or you can use muffin liners.
- In your food processor combine the flour, Sucanat, baking powder, salt and egg replacer.
- In a separate bowl blend the vanilla, 4 tablespoons of oil and soya milk.
- Combine the milk mixture to the dry mixture and blend until barely combined. Add fruit and nuts if you are using them.
- Divide mixture evenly throughout the muffin tray and bake for 15-20 mins or until a tester comes out clean.