Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I modified this from an old Turkish lady's recipe to make it vegan and crockpot friendly. It came out awesome! Will make again and again!
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced beet
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 3 cups coarsely chopped red cabbage
- 4 teaspoons fresh dill weed
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- tofutti sour cream, for topping
- chopped tomato (to garnish)
- Add all ingredient to the crock pot except for the tofutti and tomatoes. Mix well to make sure tomato paste is dissolved fairly well in the stock.
- Cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- Garnish with extra dill, tofutti sour cream, and chopped tomatoes.