Recipe by pollen
Somehow, in spite of the fact that they lack the two primary components of real crepes, these vegan crepes are absolutely delicious, and taste like the real thing! This recipe came from allrecipes.com. Prep time includes resting time.
Top Review by pavut
These turned out great! I left out the syrup and used about 2 tbs sugar, and 1/2 tbsp vanilla sugar, and also just used oil in place of margarine. I also used half whole wheat flour. I will make them again...
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar or 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, blend soy milk, water, margarine, sugar, syrup, flour, and salt.
- Cover and chill the mixture for 2 hours.
- Heat a 5-6" skillet over medium heat and lightly grease it.
- Pour approximately 3 tablespoons batter into the skillet.
- Swirl to make the batter cover the skillet's bottom.
- (You may have to thin the batter out with a bit of water if it doesn't spread out easily).
- Cook until golden, flip and cook on opposite side.
- (The crepes are very delicate and a bit hard to flip.. one option if you have trouble with this is to spread them out really thinly and not flip them at all).