Recipe by patriciamercer84
Making crepes is not hard. If you can make pancakes, you can make crepes!
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup Earth Balance margarine, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar (sweet crepes only) (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (sweet crepes only) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water, to thin if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or in a bowl. Blend or whisk until smooth. Transfer to a 2 Cup measuring cup (for pouring) and refrigerate for 30 minutes. While the batter is refrigerating, prepare your fillings.
- After your batter has rested and chilled, we’re ready to make crepes! I’ve made a video that outlines the whole process, but here are a few things you’ll need:.
- -A non-stick omelet or crepe pan.
- -Cooking Spray.
- -A graduated spatula (the long flat kind you use for frosting cakes), optional.
- If your batter is too thick when it comes out of the fridge, stir in 2 Tbs of water to loosen it up.
- Heat a well-seasoned 6-inch skillet or crepe pan until very hot to the touch but not smoking. Swirl around enough butter to coat the pan. Gently and slowly pour a 3- or 4-tablespoon portion of batter, immediately swirling to cover the entire bottom of the pan in as thin a layer as possible. When the edges begin to turn golden and pull away from the pan, use a spatula to lift and flip the crepe. Cook until it is just set, about 30 seconds. Repeat until the batter is finished, stacking the crepes on the platter in the oven as you go.