Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Vegans get a bit of a raw deal with puddings, this is yummy and vegan friendly
- 330 g caster sugar
- 500 ml soya cream
- 250 ml soya milk
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons vegetarian gelatin, known as Vege-gel
- 200 g mixed berries
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 250g of the sugar in a pan and add 1 tbsp water. Heat until the sugar dissolves and is a golden brown colour.
- Pour a thin layer into 4 ramekin dishes and leave to cool.
- Put the soya milk and cream into a pan. Scrape in the seeds from the pod and add the pod too. Add the sugar and vanilla essence.
- Sprinkle over the vege gel while whisking.
- Bring to the boil, constantly whisking.
- Strain into a jug and divide the mix between the four ramekins.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Remove by running a knife round the ramekin and turning out onto a plate.
- Serve with any remaining caramel and the berries.