Recipe by tendollarwine
The only thing I can think to say about this is that it's really good! Eat it.
Top Review by kelli701
I made several changes because of availability, and it turned out great! I used 2 pouches (4oz. each) of BOCA crumbles because the grocery didn't have Morningstar, and heated it with olive oil and about 1/2 tsp. onion powder instead of chopped onion. The recipe doesn't specify whether or not to drain the diced tomatoes, so I didn't. I used an 8-oz. can tomato sauce, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. basil, and 1 tsp. oregano because I didn't have thyme. I think it would make 4 generous servings. It was just me, so I only cooked enough spaghetti for myself. Thanks for sharing, tendollar. I really enjoyed this!
- 1 (12 ounce) package Boca meatless ground burger
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the recipes crumbles and onion to the pan and sauté until the crumbles are defrosted and the onions are softened.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and thyme. Simmer the sauce for 15 minutes, taste and add more thyme if it's needed.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the spaghetti until al dente. Drain and return to the pot.
- When the 15 minutes is up, add the vegan cream cheese and stir well to combine. Let it simmer for a few more minutes, then pour onto the pasta and toss.