Prep 5 mins
Cook 11 mins
I got this from PETA's recipe website, vegcooking.com. It was my first vegan recipe, and I knew then that I could live without dairy! I hope you will like it as much as I do.
- 1⁄4 cup vegan mayonnaise (I use Vegenaise)
- 2 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 1 cup miniature bow tie pasta (ditalini & small shells also work well)
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, and drain very well. Let pasta cool for about 5 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. I like to use my Corningware, so I can mix, serve and store all in one container.
My brother is vegan and I can't eat wheat, so we used wheat-free pasta, and this came out great!