Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very fast, satisfying meal when you've got little time. The Gardenburger Grilled Chick Patties are amazing and worked perfectly for this recipe. Probably can use any other "chicken" product.
- 9 ounces tri-color spiral pasta, boiled
- 1 (10 ounce) can vegan cream of mushroom soup
- 1 medium sized crookneck yellow squash, halved vertically thin sliced thin (yellow squash)
- 2 vegan chicken, patties diced (the grilled ones from Gardenburger)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- breadcrumbs (optional)
- grated vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Boil pasta according to package directions (usually about 8-10 minutes until al dente).
- In a small skillet on med-high heat, spray a small bit of oil into the pan and cook the patties until they are semi-charred looking.
- While those are cooking, prep the squash, onion, and garlic.
- When patties are done, dice them. Add the olive oil into a decent sized pot on med to med-high heat, add onions and garlic. Sauté for about a couple of minutes. Add squash, sauté for another minute or two. Add the diced "chicken", then add salt and pepper, the can of soup, and about a 1/4 can of water to the pot and stir well.
- Add drained pasta, stir, then transfer the entire mixture into a casserole dish large enough to hold everything.
- Sprinkle the top with breadcrumbs and soy parmesan.
- Bake covered with foil for the first 10 minutes, then uncovered for the last 5.
I like how simple and colorful this recipe is. I did leave off the cheese, but I think next time I would try it with. Thanks for the recipe!
This was another good dish! very simple and made a wonderful presentation. Of course I loe a crusty top, so the breadcrumbs and parm were added. Again, a great twist on the typical chicken casserole dishes. The squash is also a nice touch.