Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very simple recipe. I use unsweetened 'MimicCreme' for all my cream based soups. It is made from a blend of almonds and cashews and is dairy free, cholesterol free, gluten free, 100% natural, kosher and of course, vegan. It can be ordered from mimiccreme.com or Amazon.com. The mimicreme.com web site also lists retail locations where it can be purchased. Of course, feel free to use any non-dairy substitute, such as soy, almond or hemp milk, but it may not be as creamy (you can always thicken with 1 tablespoon flour + 1 tablespoon water or broth).
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn, cooked (fresh, canned or frozen)
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups non-dairy milk substitute (I use unsweetened MimicCreme)
- Combine, in a large pot,all ingredients except MimicCreme. Bring to a boil.
- Cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add MimicCreme, stirring well.
- Bring to a boil and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion, chives or parsley (optional).
This is a delicious, creamy soup that has delicate flavors and wonderful ingredients. I served this soup with a crusty bread (Ciabatta) and a salad and had a very satisfying meal. This recipe is a keeper, highly recommend.